Country Director/Head of Mission
To define and manage a timely, pertinent, effective, and efficient response to the humanitarian needs of the Country and population within the framework of the ACF Charter while ensuring the security of the team.
Overall Management of Staff and their Security
- Responsible for all expatriate and national staff.
- Managing human resources in conformity with applicable labor laws and with internal regulations.
- Security management.
- Setting of job descriptions and requests for new staff to headquarters.
- Performance appraisals of expatriate staff and objective setting in line with program requirements.
Strategy, Coordination and Representation
- Formulating the country strategy for Action Against Hunger in light of political, economic and humanitarian context.
- Acting as key contact with head offices, local partners, NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, government authorities, donors.
- Acting as a focal point, to issue policy recommendations in collaboration with field staff and headquarters.
- Representing Action Against Hunger to partners, NGOs, local authorites, government authorities and donors.
Overall Management of Programs
- Defining the programmes with the coordinated team.
- Ensuring achievement of the program's objectives.
- Ensuring the organization has adequate resources.
- Ensuring programme is still appropriate, according to the situation, the context and the programme's objectives.
- Planning with technical staff.
- Ensuring technical staff carry out their work to the right standard.
- Narrative and financial reporting to donors and to managing headquarters.
- Responsible for financial feasibility of the country programme: initially to obtain resources, at final stage to make sure programme is within budget.
- Responsible for all logistical aspects.
- Responsible for the appropriate management of all resources in a transparent manner.
- At all times the country director is accountable to the donors and benefactors of ACF missions.
- Masters Degree in Political Science, Development Studies or Technical field.
- Second language skills highly recommended.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Ability to adapt within the working enviornment.
- At least 2 years previous field experience in a relief NGO.
- Minimum of one year's previous experience in an NGO in managerial position.
- Previous management experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience of donor guidelines indispensible.
- Experience in security management.
Help Us Save Lives
Help us reach our 2014 lifesaving goals by making a tax-deductible gift. We are a top rated nonprofit, consistently ranked in the top 2% for efficiency.